Monday, October 25, 2010

Wow! I had the most AMAZING weekend! All the hard work paid off. Choco and I finished second place in everything, and I couldn't be more happy. Choco was wonderful in all his classes, and we both impressed the audience.

In the finals, we came in ONE POINT behind first place!!! Our song was "I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe, and I think by the end of our routine most of the audience was in tears. Choco and I did better than we have ever done before. Everybody loved it, but one judge said he gave me lower marks because I made him cry! I thought that seemed a bit backwards, but I am just so happy with how Choco did.

We also came in 2nd place in the In Hand Obstacle and Showmanship courses. The obstacle course was going perfect until nature called right as Choco was getting into the trailer. I felt kind of bad for everybody that came after us. Choco finished the course just as perfect as could be.

Showmanship was rough on me because by then I was exausted. We had done the obstacle course and then had to turn around very quickly to get ready for Showmanship. I had to get all dressed up in my green suit (pictures are coming) and get all my makeup on and fix my bun that was falling out*. As we were waiting for our turn to show I had to keep moving Choco around to keep us both from falling asleep. My pony was being so bad he was driving me crazy! Everybody knows how contagious yawns are. My bad pony kept yawning and yawning and he got me yawning and neither one of us could stop! He even passed a yawn to another horse. It was pretty funny, but I really didn't want to yawn at the judge.

We also had a stall decorating contest for all the mustangs stalls. We could bring whatever we wanted and fancy our stall up, and they had prizes for the winners. We made posters out of good-luck cards from a awesome class of 3rd graders that I went and talked to about Choco. I didn't win the contest, but it was so sweet to see all those cards every time I went to my stall. Choco liked his cards too. He liked them so much he didn't even try to eat them!

I had so much fun and I am so pleased with how Choco did. I hope y'all can see the video. I also worked with my setting some more so I think that people can leave comments again. If you can't get comments to work you can just email me and I can post it on my page.

My camera card with all my pictures took a detour to Kentucky. I'll post pictures as soon as it gets back to Mississippi!


*For those of you who know me- it is required in showmanship to look and dress a certain way. I have no say in this; it's just how it goes. I just didn't want anyone to be frightened when I get some pictures up. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. Ummmmmm..... the showmanship outfit, you looked beautiful!!!! I think you should wear more lime green and black.... HA! Seriously, you looked amazing all weekend long, I think you might have even turned some heads you are unaware of.
    :) Mrs Brandee

    ReplyDelete